Friday, April 26, 2013

Figurative Language - T4

Google "Figurative Language" and read about all the different types.  There are over 30 examples of figurative language...Your job is to use 2 examples in your narrative.  Write about something that happened to in your life in the last 24 hours.

7 comments:

1. In the last 24 hours I went to the doctors with my mom. Her blood was flowing like a flash flood. The next thing that I did was in the past 24 hours is cleaning up Vole trails. The voles are diggers like if they were in a mine shaft. I also did was play with my brother in the street with a football and we played a little basketball. Then I did was made burgers for my family. I also dug up my mini pine tree that the voles chewed up like it was taffy.

ReplyDelete
  2. In the morning i wake up and stare at a wall for a couple of minute. Just a blank stare. Then my dad walks in and say in a deep dark voice “Wake up zach.” and I do every time. I grab my ipod and phone and look at all the stuff I missed when I was asleep (usually not much). As I stumble out of bed I use my phone as a torch trying to find my way around a maze I call my room. When I'm trying to find my way around I grab my close for the day and go take a shower. After I'm done taking one I dry myself off and put on my close. I brush my teeth well and use mouth wash. now that I'm more awake than before I move a little bit faster. I skip breakfast at home, but when I get to school I eat it. I walk into school tired and unwilling to do anything. that is my morning every day.

ReplyDelete
  3. “NASH time to get up!” my mother screeched up the stairs. When I got out of bed I was more tired than a restless bear going into hibernation. I put my clothes on and headed down stairs to take my morning urination. As I was standing there I began to stumble and I knocked a bottle of shaving cream into the sink on accident. So i pick up the shaving cream and put it back and I stumble into the living room put on my coat and bag and tell my dad he can bring me to school when we get into the car about half way there he smokes a cigarette. The scent flows around the car. When I open the school doors the wind slams the door shut behind me.

ReplyDelete
  4. I walked down the stairs, into the basement, where my computer was. I sat down in the chair, pressed the power button on the machine, then the monitor, then the speakers, and waited for my computer to start up. The air around me was chilly, the concrete floor was freezing my feet. The desktop finally popped up on the monitor. I set my hand on the mouse, and moved it toward the icon for a game, double clicked, and began to play.

ReplyDelete
  5. In the morning I wake up go downstairs and eat my breastfed. go downstairs play games till my dad calls me. All he ever want me to do is see if I want to go fishing somewhere. After we are done fishing what my dad takes me after is even more fun we went to f unset butler bar or something like that. well that's what I do when I don't have school is a lot more fun then doing homework.

ReplyDelete
  6. when the bell started to sing that is when the hallway starts to get really crowded with kids running to their class like trying not to be late like animals in a stamped. The sound of opening lockers trying to get there stuff out for their class.that is what I have to deal with everyday when I’m trying to get to my class. The class’s are really fun except math it’s kind of challenge. Then when it’s time for lunch you can start to smell the food like as if it’s dragging you toward the lunch room. Then I have to go to two more class then finally get to go home.

ReplyDelete
  7. It was a bright sunny day in Oshkosh, wisconsin (the first sunny day in a long time) I had just gotten out of a first aid class at the Red Cross when i heard a loud errrrr BANG CRUNCH. I saw two cars in front of me smashed up I then proceeded to turn on my lights and cheek the scene for safety concerns. I jumped out of my F150 and ran over to the first driver to cheek if she was alright, she had some neck and back pains but before I could treat her I had to check on the other driver. When i got to the driver side door of his truck he was already calling 911 and he said he was ok I told him to request fire rescue as well because of the radiator fluid leaking from the ladies car. Then I moved over to the ladies car and told her I was a trained responder, and asked if I could help she said yes. I then calmly explained to her I was going to hold traction on her head and asked her not to move her head at all. I waited until the police and ambulance arrived at the scene and helped load her up in the ambulance for transport to the hospital. I also helped with accident clean up and then the Oshkosh Police Officer said thank you and told me I could go. I was more worn out then usain bolt after the summer olympics.

ReplyDelete